Monday, January 4

In an effort to just have a little faith...

I am allowing myself to be joyous and excited again about bringing our baby home. Who cares when that might be. It will be so I am going to revel in that. Before Thanksgiving, I had shut the door to the baby's room because I was so tired of seeing the empty crib, the unfinished room where there was no little one. But at Christmas, I got an ornament from my mom that has become a simple reminder of what I must possess more than anything else right now--faith. KT suggested that after our tree came down, maybe I should find a good place for it so that it could continue it's job of reminding me to be faithful. And I have. While I can't bring myself to open the baby's door and leave it open, I can do this:


It makes me smile everytime I walk by now. And it IS reminding me to just have a little faith--our baby is on it's way!


To celebrate being joyful about our baby, and that we KNOW our baby will one day land here, I have also decided to put out the gifts we have received so far.


Mortimer the Moose is so frickin' cute!



Our gender-neutral "theme" goes with the lilac/blue walls in the room--Polka Dots and Jungle Critters! We got our bedding from my parents for Christmas and it is just perfect!









My sister also gifted for baby at Christmas and we received our Bopp.y bouncer from our semi-secret registry. Of course, I had to try it out!


It is really fun to drift into that place...the one where our baby exists in our arms as much as he or she does in our hearts. All it takes is a little faith!

7 comments:

Hurdles of Life said...

I am excited about starting the nursery, but at the same time I am dreading it. We have our crib (but it converts to a full size bed.. so that is the state it is now) and everytime I look at the headboard I think about it being a crib. Stupid Uterus! Stupid Empty Uterus! xoxoxo Keep the faith, its the only thing we have.

Kellie said...

Cute bedding!! I know the wait is hard. Once you are matched, then you wait too. It's all hard! But soon enough, the wait is over and you won't remember how hard it was. At least that's what I'm hoping!

Best wishes for 2010!

Megan said...

I LOVE the nursery. Hang in there. No matter when it happens...today you are one day closer!!!

sprogblogger said...

Your nursery is utterly adorable and I hope it's occupied sooner rather than later!

KT said...

WHEN it happens, not IF it happens, right?!

Love the jungle critters...very cute. We do have a crib, but only some green sheets...haven't gotten up the courage to do more.

I like the idea with the door knob. Every so often, I have to shut the door too.

jenicini said...

What a lucky little bambino to be coming home to people like you and a fantastic looking nursery! I love your ornament. If there is one thing you need in this process, it is faith. Thanks for sharing that with us. :)

Danielle said...

I love the ornament and I love the idea of hanging it on the nursery door. We've been waiting for about 5-6 months as well.....the wait is so hard. Hang in there and I hope 2010 brings you to your baby.