Sunday, March 1

Our Adoption Journey

Mar 10 '10 ~ TPR signed by first parents, Baby Tulip is legally placed with us
Mar 7 '10 ~ EM goes into labor on own, Baby Tulip born at 11:16AM!!
Mar 7 '10 ~ Estimated Due Date
Mar 5 '10 ~ EM's Non-Stress Test--baby is very comfy, induction set for March 9th
Mar 2 '10 ~ EM's Third Doctor Appointment--can we say induction, please?
Feb 23 '10 ~ EM's Second Doctor Appointment--Tulip is happy staying put...have to wait another week =(
Feb 20 '10 ~ Spend the Day with Expectant Parents
Feb 19 '10 ~ Expectant Mom's Doctor Appointment & Ultrasound--It's a Girl!!!
Feb 16 '10 ~ Third Phone Call
Feb 11 '10 ~ Dinner with Expectant Parents
Feb 9 '10 ~ Second Phone Call
Feb 5 '10 ~ First Phone Call with Expectant Parents
Jan 29 '10 ~ First Meeting with Expectant Parents!!!
Jan 26 '10 ~ Scheduled to meet with expectant parents--conflict, so moved to 1/29
Jan 14 '10 ~ Received official MATCH CALL!!!!
Aug 1 '09 ~ Received first call, but not a match
Jul 29 '09 ~ Online Profile is now available!
Jul 28 '09 ~ Activated!
Jul 27 '09 ~ 'Match' criteria review with agency prior to activation
Jul 23 '09 ~ Submit Adoption Agreement to agency
Jul 22 '09 ~ Signed and notarized Adoption Agreement (contract)
Jul 21 '09 ~ Okay Final Profile proof, will be sent to agency
Jul 20 '09 ~ Receive Final Profile Proof for review
Jul 13 '09 ~ Receive Profile Proof for review
Jun 22 '09 ~ Submit 'will accept' paperwork to agency
Jun 16 '09 ~ Submit profile for review and publication
Jun 15 '09 ~ Home visit #2 with Social Worker
Jun 10 '09 ~ Receive confirmation that all home study paperwork is complete!
Jun 9 '09 ~ Home visit #1 with Social Worker
May 29 '09 ~ Finish home study paper trail
May 1-2 '09 ~ Initial Group & Educational Seminar for DIA
April-May '09 ~ Work on home study paper trail
Mar 27 '09 ~ Start home study paper trail
Mar 2009 ~ Submit $ for homestudy, accept invite to May group/educational seminar
Mar 17 '09 ~ Receive invite to Group/Educational Seminar in May
Mar 14 '09 ~ Final IVF (#3) fails
Dec 2008 ~ Receive invite to Group/Educational Seminar in January, decline in order to finish IVF
Sept 2008 ~ Make decision to pursue domestic infant adoption (DIA); apply to agency

2 comments:

J said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment! I decided to click on your adoption journey and I'm impressed with how quickly you were matched with your baby girl! I'm so glad you found my blog...I love reading other adoption blogs and yours will now be on my list. Congrats on your little girl...I know she is 6 weeks old but I thought I would still congrat you!

Unknown said...

HAPPY ICLW!
Thanks for stopping by. I can't wait to read up on how your adoption took place!
- iclw #91