Tuesday, January 12

Haven't Met You Yet

Dear Baby Tulip or Baby Turtle...

Momma has been so very excited to meet you that some days it can be more difficult than others to concentrate. But today, I heard this song and I thought of you right away! It says exactly what I need to hear and exactly what I want you to know.



I'm not surprised.
Not everything lasts.
I've broken my heart so many times I stopped keeping track.
Talk myself in.
I talk myself out.
I get all worked up, then I let myself down.


I tried so very hard not to lose it.
I came up with a million excuses.
I thought I thought of every possibility.

And I know someday that it'll all turn out.
You'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And promise you, kid, that I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet. Mmmm...

I might have to wait.
I'll never give up.
I guess it's half timing,
And the other half's luck.
Wherever you are.
Whenever it's right.
You'll come out of nowhere and into my life.


And I know that we can be so amazing.
And baby your love is gonna change me.
And now I can see every possibility. Mmmm...

But somehow I know that it'll all turn out.
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And I promise you, kid, I'll give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet.

They say all's fair.
In love and war.
But I won't need to fight it.
We'll get it right and,
We'll be united.

And I know that we can be so amazing.
And being in your life is gonna change me.
And now I can see every single possibility, mmmm.


And someday I know it'll all turn out.
And I'll work to work it out.
Promise you, kid, I'll give more than I get,
Than I get, than I get, than I get.

Ohhh!

You know it'll all turn out.
And you'll make me work so we can work to work it out.
And I promise you, kid, to give so much more than I get.
I just haven't met you yet.

I just haven't met you yet.
Ohh, promise you, kid, to give so much than I get.

(I said love, love, love, love...)
I just haven't met you yet

I just haven't met you yet.

Momma loves you and can't wait to meet you! Don't be too much longer, please!

love,
Momma

8 comments:

juliane2004 said...

That is a really great song. Thanks for sharing :)

Eileen said...

I LOVE that song. I actually had that as the song on my blog a couple of weeks ago. It makes me tear up whenever I hear it.

KT said...

Funny...I have heard that song many times, but haven't really listened to the lyrics...I suppose I need to start paying attention!

Jo said...

What a fitting song (and tribute) to your baby. Wishing and hoping he or she would hurry up right along with you!

Hugs,
Jo

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing. I love song lyrics and also get so much out of them. I plan to share your post/the lyrics with my sister and brother-in-law (BIL) who are also waiting to be matched with a child through adoption. Hang in there. Hopefully it won't be long before you get to meet your son or daughter.

One of my BIL's new year's resolutions was to have "patient optimisim." I thought that was such an awesome way to approach this year in their life wanting and waiting to build their family through adoption. I wish the same for you this year, though I understand it is easier said than done. (((HUGS)))

Lastly, I have to thank you again for introducing me to "The Wood Song" by the Indigo Girls last year during one of the ICLW (which is how I came to find and follow your blog). I downloaded it after I first learned about it from one of your posts and have listened to it often since. I was listening to it while making dinner yesterday and was reflecting on how inspiring I find the lyrics to be. So thanks again! :)

Danielle said...

Great song! I never really listened closely to the words before but wow, they really resonate! Thanks for sharing :)

athena said...

omg. i'm balling. thanks for posting this :)

(stealing it for my blog)