Sunday, November 1

Doing nothing is good for you

I am totally loving this weekend! We had a great time on Friday at our friends' party and really the hangover wasn't as bad as it could have been. Let's just say I've been much worse. Much. BigTex has to work with a client in Houston on M/T of this week and so he left on Saturday afternoon to spend some time with his dad and stepmom. We only see them like once a year and so I am very glad he was able to see them again this year. I miss him, and them, and it would be nice to have gone for a visit. He'll just have to enjoy the breakfast tacos from the taco truck and the gumbo for me. He called earlier and he's also purchased several Texas football items, including some UT paci's. He is so cute.

I, on the other hand, am just soaking up the nothingness. When I say I barely moved all day yesterday, I am not kidding. I think the sofa has a permanent butt depression because I was literally pasted there from noon until midnight. I watched football, 3 movies, and started reading Ecl.ipse. I only got up to pick up some Ruby mini's for dinner (which was really more like lunch and dinner). Fabulous.

After sleeping for like 12 hours thanks to the time change (happy happy happy!), I watched another movie this morning, started the laundry and picked up the kitchen. Since then, I've been online shopping for some new music, burning CDs and making labels for them. I love making the modern version of a mixed tape--my mixed CDs are so fun to me. No one else would probably connect any of the songs, or even know half the artists. But that is the best part--I know each and every one, and why I love it. I have a bunch of driving to do this week for work and now I'm looking forward to spending time in my car. Guess here in a little bit I should figure out what to eat (since I haven't yet today) and then pick my next movie. Oh I love the peace of doing nothing. Really, doing nothing can be very cathartic.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Doing nothing can be very good for the soul. I am envious of your weekend and so glad it was enjoyable for you!

Hugs,
Jo