Friday, November 20

Happy ICLW!

Hello!

My rundown is to the left, and as you can see we are "patiently" waiting to bring home our baby, whenever that day finally comes.

This weekend will be another busy one--tonight we went to our town square for the annual Christmas tree lighting. We had yummy drinks and great sushi, which can be hard to find here in the midwest. This has become a tradition of ours. We were looking forward all week to steamed potstickers and martinis! Tomorrow is another tradition for us--the OSU-Michigan game. Neither of us went to either school and would prefer both to lose (I'll root for the BIG M just because) but all our friends love to gather to watch this mostly un-impressive football battle. We meet for 'kegs-n-eggs' at 9AM and head to a local watering hole at 11 or so to watch the game while drinking really cheap beer. What a way to blow a perfectly good Saturday otherwise. Sunday, it will be church (if we can get there!), followed by lots of laundry and ironing on my part. And of course a several-hour break to meet some friends to see New.Moon. Oh, I am so excited!!!!! And it is Team Jacob over here, all the way, with NO APOLOGIES for wanting to rob the cradle. He is just a freakin' doll. (In my mind, of course!)

So what are you up to this weekend? We've really been focused on doing things to keep our minds off BABY lately, hence the non-stop action. Any suggestions from the ICLW-gallery on other fun activities to occupy our time?

13 comments:

Rachel said...

I sleep. A lot :)
I'm redoing our kitchen (like I somehow NEED to do that).
I'm reading a lot.
I visit friends.
I grade papers (but only because I have to...)

jenicini said...

Go see "NEW MOON"! I know you like the series. :)

Liddy said...

I decided to do NaNoWriMo. I have been having fun with that. I also redid our basement while E (my husbando) was blowing up bambi (deer hunting).

Stopping by for an ICLW visit...
No. 2: the unfair struggle (mfi, speedskating, nanowrimo)

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for the ICLW welcome post!

Mmmm.... kegs and eggs .... reminds me of college fun! I hope you are enjoying a fun and relaxing weekend.

*ICLW*

Erica said...

Hey girl,

Been off blogging lately but still think of you often. I can't wait until your blessing comes your way. I know it will happen. I just know it. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to wait it out. It sounds like your counselor is giving you some great advice though. I'll continue to keel you in my prayers.

And I can't believe you are Team Jacob - I'm an Edward girl all the way!!!! Don't tell me anything about the movie though. I'm going to try to go with a few girlfriends on Monday night. If I don't talk to you, have a happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

I saw New Moon tonight and it ROCKED! You will not be disappointed, I promise! I'm team Edward all the way, but Jacob is certainly nice to look at, too!

Happy ICLW!

nh said...

Happy ICLW.
I hope that you are enjoying your busy weekend!

Fit & Fierce Mama said...

I'm going to see New Moon in exactly one hour and I'm excited. More than I should be for a woman my age!

Becky aka MsBatman said...

I have not seen the movie yet, and I won't say too much on the off chance you haven't read the books. I agree that Jacob is tres` hotter than Edward on screen, but on pages, it's Team Edward all the way.


ICLW

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I just wanted to say that just by reading a few of your entries, I am amazed at your agency's resources for prospective adoptive parents. Stunned, as ours was downright crappy in comparison.

Many good wishes for a speedy "delivery".

ICLW

Anonymous said...

Mmm, potstickers & martinis. Now that does sound good.

Enjoy New.Moon too. We found out recently that they based the werewolves on wolves at our favourite sanctuary (www.wolfmountain.com), so we may have to go see the film afterall.

I've been busy making baby clothes, which may not be doing such a good job of taking my mind off baby, but at least leaves me feeling productive.

Anonymous said...

Things to do: Renovate, go on a romantic trip/weekend, take up ballroom dancing, through cocktail parties.

Rammi said...

Please don't go and see New Moon. Unless random shirtless men are your thing. ;)