Thursday, November 26

Day of Thanks

My Grandfather is finally at peace.

He passed late last evening, at nearly 90 years old. He broke his hip last week and was suffering from severe Alzheimer's.

We leave Saturday AM for Nebraska. The funeral is on Monday. All 7 grandchildren + BigTex and another cousin's spouse will be there. We haven't all been together in over six years.

We love you Grandpa and we are SO VERY GLAD you are finally home.

11 comments:

Jo said...

Nicole,

My heart goes out to you and your family at this difficult time. Sending lots of hugs and bloggy love your way.

Jo

C said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

ICLW

KT said...

Sending you and your family our thoughts and prayers.

Your Grandfather will be smiling that all of the grandchildren will be together - enjoy your visit with them!

Laura said...

Funny all those family get togethers for weddings and funerals. People are there who I had forgotten for years in between. Then it seems there are a rash of weddings and I see them a few times in the same year. Nice to have family, even when you don't always like them. :) Hello from IComLeavWe.

Elizabeth said...

I am so sorry for your loss and hope your time with family is peaceful. Kindest regards via ICLW.

LJ said...

I am so terribly sorry for you loss.

Sprogblogger said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Alzheimers is horrible, and makes our loved ones' last years such a trial that I can understand being grateful that he's at peace, but your loss is still real, as is your grief. You're in my thoughts. Take care of yourselves.

tireegal68 said...

So sorry about your grandpa. I hope you gain strength from your big family gathering and do some reminiscing. (( hugs))

jenicini said...

I'm so sorry for your Grandpa's passing. I hope that he's at peace now.

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

BP said...

I missed this, Nicole. I'm so sorry and will be praying for you and your family.