Sunday, November 22

Joy Break 11.15 - 11.20

  1. Vets who love what they do and who want to help, even when they don't know what's wrong. Thanks to Dr. N for calling on a Sunday morning to let us know that kitty is apparently fine. Above and beyond, I say.
  2. Potstickers. I wish you could order these by the dozen. Instead we always share an order of 8 and it is never, ever enough. The plan next time is to order two--one for me and one for BigTex. I don't want to share my potstickers.
  3. Popcorn nutrition. I am so glad I learned which big movie chains practically want to boil my arteries in fat. It made choosing where to see New.Moon today easy because we just went to the one that doesn't want to kill me. And the popcorn was terrific.
  4. A practically unattainable fourth quarter sales goal. Now I don't have to feel bad when I miss my number and I know that I tried really hard. Instead, I will just try kinda hard and be pleased when I at least make some bonus.
  5. BigTex is ironing. That's not just joy, that's a freakin' miracle!
  6. Only 3 days of work until I can not work for 4 days. If only that were every week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you have so many things to be grateful for. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

Amy said...

I love your "joy break." It's so good to stop and remember the good things in life too.

Lori LeRoy said...

Sometimes while going through the "tougher than normal" journey, it can be hard to see the positive side of life. Your post did just that for me, and for that I am very grateful for you sharing that!

Jenn said...

Love how you listed the things that are your "joy break". :) A few of them made me smile (like the ironing- because my husband is miltary... so I KNOW HE KNOWS how to do it... but yet, I'm the one that irons!)

Miriam said...

Love the Joy Break! What a great idea!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Those are all things to be grateful for. Especially potstickers...those things are amazingly addictive!!!

Happy almost mini-vacation.

jenicini said...

Wow, I never thought about looking up the nutritional value of the popcorn at the theaters! Cool. :) I guess it would make a difference if there was more than one theater near me. lol

Mrs. Gamgee said...

A man ironing? Has the earth ceased spinning? :)

ICLW