Thursday, January 8

I'm traveling for work right now so I don't really have much to say. The horrible week I was preparing for next week looks to be coming together...I'm hoping it just all goes smoothly. I'll be taking it one hour at a time come Monday.

One of my new year commitments to myself for 2009 is going to be getting back into reading. I love to read and I don't do nearly enough of it. In fact, I spend WAY too much time watching really bad TV. I have no problems with watching TV, but I really could probably read ten books this year in just the time I spend channel-surfing when there is nothing on that I want to watch. So that is my plan--turn off the TV and read. I plan to read fiction, non-fiction, fast and easy, long and tedious, recommended and panned. I'm going to keep track on my blog (see side panel) and hopefully come the end of 2009, I will have a long list of books I can proudly say I have completed. Oooh. This already makes me feel good!

First up is a non-fiction and just so happens to be centered on the problem of the day: infertility. Figure we'll start near and dear. I'll let you know how it is and when I'm finished I will add it to my "yet to have anything on it" list of Books I've Read So Far This Year.

1 comment:

bunny said...

it's nice when things actually do go better than expected-- and great that you can recognize the gift that that is.

happy reading!