She is doing so well--in fact, she ate at 9:30PM last night and then didn't wake again to eat until 4:15AM this morning. I actually got 6 (SIX!) un-interrupted hours of sleep (she was making up for the very broken 4 from the two nights before, I think). What a big girl!!!! I am certain it won't be like that tonight, but a mommy can dream, right?
I feel so disconnected from you--my bloggy friends. I am sorry that I've only managed one post each week...that is very lame. On the plus side, I've been able to get nearly everything done each day that is on my list--laundry, thank-you notes, dishes, cooking. I've even managed to shower every single day since Tulip came home. I'm very proud of that, thank you! Still working on the desire to clean the shower (can we say gross?) and I have to credit my mom for the ironing of BigTex's shirts. I suppose I should dust and mop the floor in the kitchen, buuuttttt...blogging is more fun so those things will have to wait.
Friends of the family hosted a baby shower for Tulip & I on Saturday--it was so very nice of them. Tulip's big party is set for the 24th and her baptism is on the 25th...both should be great. And on Sunday, we are meeting up with Tulip's first parents for lunch. It will be our first visit since we brought her home. I think the nerves are starting to creep in, but mostly I am so excited for them to see her and to see that she is doing well! I want them to truly know that their decision was a good one, that we are good parents and that we love her beyond words. I think they believe that but I want them to SEE it. I suppose it is just that I need the validation...I'm pretty sure I do. I want the whole world to know we are doing our very best, we love Tulip and we are good parents. We spent so long seeking parenthood--getting permission from just about everyone under the sun in order to adopt--it just feels like we need a stamp of approval after the fact. Like a "we-were-right,-you-DO-make-good-parents" stamp. [We will get that when we finalize in September, I know, but I need it now!]
So a few photos...since I have been a bad blogger, I hope this will make up for it!
Tummy Time
Diaper Wreath from the Baby Shower
5 comments:
First - what a little Cutie!
Second - please no apologies for not blogging as often as you have in the past. You're just a little busy now! :-)
Enjoy every minute and when you can, please share them with those of us here in blgland...but only when you can. No guilt!
Best and peace.
One thing I know for sure: you two ARE amazing parents! It takes very special people to go the route you did to grow your family. Now enjoy it! :-D
im so happy you finally have the family you worked so hard for. i can see the love in your eyes for your beautiful tulip...
congratulations
xoxo
Hi. Sarah at Life Sweet Life gave me your blog link. My husband and I have gone through infertility for years and are now in the adoption process. I've been trying to find more blogs that deal with adoption and was glad to read yours. Tulip is beautiful! Congrats!
Yes, I couldn't tell you this before, because who wants to hear it, but wow, the second that little bundle gets here, all the time just is gone...she's gorgeous, and take all the time you need.
Post a Comment