Hi all...hope you have been having a good summer! I missed July ICLW because I was trying to get caught up from vacation and I really missed it. So, I'm back!
My basic rundown (more details on in links on the left):
6 years of marriage
3 years of infertility
5 failed months of Clo.mid
4 failed IUIs
3 failed IVFs
Never ever even had a positive hpt.
NOW--we are 'officially waiting' to be matched with a birth family and to adopt a new little baby! We've only been waiting 3w1d...but we are hopeful that our match will come sooner than later and that we will finally get to grow our family!
-----------
I know I wrote about this before...but I had some moments today in the car while driving (and of course listening to this wonderful song over and over again) and I feel the need to post this for a second time. It is probably one of my all-time favorite songs, by my all-time favorite songwriters. I've heard it at least a thousand times in the 15 years since it was first released and it wasn't until very recently that it smacked me upside the head.
It IS this journey. It IS what I've been going through. It IS exactly the description of how my days feel, and are. Maybe some of you see what I mean?
My basic rundown (more details on in links on the left):
6 years of marriage
3 years of infertility
5 failed months of Clo.mid
4 failed IUIs
3 failed IVFs
Never ever even had a positive hpt.
NOW--we are 'officially waiting' to be matched with a birth family and to adopt a new little baby! We've only been waiting 3w1d...but we are hopeful that our match will come sooner than later and that we will finally get to grow our family!
-----------
I know I wrote about this before...but I had some moments today in the car while driving (and of course listening to this wonderful song over and over again) and I feel the need to post this for a second time. It is probably one of my all-time favorite songs, by my all-time favorite songwriters. I've heard it at least a thousand times in the 15 years since it was first released and it wasn't until very recently that it smacked me upside the head.
It IS this journey. It IS what I've been going through. It IS exactly the description of how my days feel, and are. Maybe some of you see what I mean?
The Wood Song
The thin horizon of a plan is almost clear
My friends and I have had a tough time
Bruising our brains hard up against change
All the old dogs and the magician
Now I see we're in the boat in two by twos
Only the heart that we have for a tool we could use
And the very close quarters are hard to get used to
Love weighs the hull down with its weight
But the wood is tired and the wood is old
And we'll make it fine if the weather holds
But if the weather holds we'll have missed the point
Thats where I need to go
No way construction of this tricky plan
Was built by other than a greater hand
With a love that passes all out understanding
Watching closely over the journey
Yeah but what it takes to cross the great divide
Seems more than all the courage I can muster up inside
Although we get to have some answers when we reach the other side
The prize is always worth the rocky ride
But the wood is tired and the wood is old
And we'll make it fine if the weather holds
But if the weather holds we'll have missed the point
Thats where I need to go
Sometimes I ask to sneak a closer look
Skip to the final chapter of the book
And then maybe steer us clear from some of the pain it took
To get us where we are this far yeah
But the question drowns in its futility
And even I have got to laugh at me
No one gets to miss the storm of what will be
Just holding on for the ride
The wood is tired and the wood is old
We'll make it fine if the weather holds
But if the weather holds we'll have missed the point
Thats where I need to go
11 comments:
I was already a reader before ICLW, but it just gives me one more excuse to stalk your blog. I <3 Indigo Girls. LOVE that song. I pray that you will be matched with a child very soon. Good luck!
I love The Wood Song and I have cried while driving around and listening to it more than once. It and Closer to Fine are my go-to songs for dark days.
I hope that you are matched soon!
ICLW
Nicole ~ I feel this way, too! We have one daughter (adopted from China) who starts kindergarten next week (ack!), but we've been waiting to adopt a second child from China for over three years now. It boggles my mind when I think about how long we've waited. I pray you'll be matched with a child very soon. Parenting is SO worth the wait!
I'm commenting in response to yesterday's post. I don't think it ever gets easier. Unfortunately. You'll just get stronger and be more peaceful with what actually is. Or at least that's what I think.
Sorry you had to hear the good news of a friend - I know that sounds weird, but I truly am sorry. I know that pain all too well.
I must admit that the wood IS tired...
And I really hope you get matched up quickly!
Beautiful song...good luck on the adoption trail, I admire anyone who adopts, there are so many children out there who need good homes...if only it were easier and there were more children to adopt down under perhaps we'd consider it.
ICLW
I love Wood Song - the close harmony kills me each time. And finally added you to my reader list for adoption! I love reading all of the other adoptive families out there.
I love every song by the Indigo Girls. My favorite...and today this song is making me cry, so I have to turn it off.
Hope a match comes quickly for you. Hope the weather holds.
Congrats on being in the waiting phase of domestic adoption! I wish you the best and hope you get matched soon! :)
My sister and her husband aren't far behind you in the process... Their profile was just made available to birth parents about a week ago and they are excited and anxious to see how things go and when they might get matched.
Thank you for sharing that song! I also find lyrics (like those beautiful and fitting ones by the awesome Indigo Girls) to be very therapeutic.
Hang in there. (((HUGS)))
ICLW
Mmm.. I love me some Indigo Girls. Great song. It will all be worth it in the end, honest!
I hope your wait is short and you get matched with quickness!
Post a Comment