Friday, March 5

Life is a-changin'

Things are moving along to Tuesday...albeit slower than I would like. EM has a NST today, and barring any stress with Tulip, she'll be given the go-ahead for the induction as scheduled. They will go in around 8AM and we'll be there by around 10AM. That way they have some time to get settled in and get her IVs going etc.

Bottomline--Tulip will be here on either March 9 or March 10. Whether she likes it or not!

In other big news, things at my job have taken a turn. It has absolutely nothing to do with me...in fact, I've been doing very well. But my company is small, and as of yesterday has entered into a partnership with a much larger company in a related field. What that means for me and my colleagues is that we will all be granted the opportunity to interview for a position with the larger company, and hopefully they will have a place for each of us. It is not guaranteed that I will have a job about 90 days from now...so that kinda sucks. The timing couldn't be any worse. BigTex and I talked and I pretty much decided I will only stay home with Tulip for about 6-7 weeks. Since my leave is unpaid, I need to work so we can save money in case I don't have a position once the partnership goes through. They've said there will be some severence package, but I've only been here 2 years, so I don't anticipate that it would be very much. This would be the third time in nearly 10 years that I have been laid off--my field is just prone to seismic shifts and the stability pretty much sucks. If I don't have a position with the new company, I will have to make some very big decisions about my life, my career, and my future. Or I should say, WE will. But in the end, since I've been through this before, I know it will all work out. I trust that God's plan is in place and my only prayer is that He makes the path I should be on blazingly obvious.

In the meantime, my mom is coming over to keep me company while I work on my resume. Again. Or maybe we'll just go shopping. We DO have a baby to get ready for...and that makes all the rest feel like all the rest.

Happy Friday! Only 4 more days!

6 comments:

Beckie's Infertile said...

I haven't read your blog in a few weeks and I see that the Tulip is almost due! You must be so excited! I got excited for you reading this!!!!

YAY, I am so happy. Looking forward to hearing how everything goes.

Hurdles of Life said...

Thinking of you... xoxoxo ♥

jenicini said...

I'm so sorry you have to juggle your job at the same time. Come on Tulip! We're all excited to meet you!

tireegal68 said...

Job stuff like this sucks - esp at a time like this. I hope you can spend as much time with Tulip as possible when she arrives:) and that some miraculous way you don't have to have a shortened maternity leave:)
thinking of you and sending you lots of hugs.

KT said...

Thinking of you tonight...hoping for a good week ahead!

The Mom said...

Ugh!

As if you need more stress right now. At least now baby Tulip is here to focus on.

Praying that the path is obvious and not too painful!
K