Wednesday, March 24

Life is awesome

I have no complaints. None. Zero. My daughter is a darling and I am loving every minute with her. Even the ones at 3AM, when I can barely keep my eyes open.

This has been worth every long, hard day--week--month--year since we started trying to have a family. I had always hoped that it would be, that I would truly repeat all of it if I had to in order to get us here. Now I know I would. There's not even a question about it.

God intended all along for us to have a family and I am so thankful for that. He just intended that our family would come to us differently than most. We are honored, we are humbled, and we are filled with joy that He chose us to be adoptive parents. It is a rough road to be sure, but we are faithful in His plan for us and for our family's future.

And now back to my sleeping Tulip...

9 comments:

jenicini said...

She is just lovely Nicole! I'm glad you are making it through the sleepless nights!

Megan said...

a beautiful post!

Willow said...

Ahh, congratulations! So happy for you that she's here! And I know what you mean--I spent so much time and energy over the years of TTC wondering why this was happening to us, and then I held our darling baby boy in my arms and I knew the answer. He is the answer. If it had been easy for us to have babies, we might never have found our way to adoption, certainly not at the time when our boy was ready to join our family. So much as I hate IF, I can't wish that a single thing had gone differently, because if it had, we wouldn't have our Bonsai, and that is just unimaginable. I know he was always meant to be our son, just as Tulip was meant to be your daughter!

Hurdles of Life said...

Perfect!! And it is true.. the struggles with having a family are so worth it in the end, because we know how truly blessed we are. And I am sooo happy that you are enjoying the 3am wake-up calls. ♥

Jessica White said...

Beautiful! It's all worth it :-)

Kellie said...

She's so sweet! I had remembered you posting a blog a few weeks ago about your relationship with the birth parents. You can email me if you'd like, or I was going to just suggest a private blog? That's what we do for our birth parents and they love it. They can see him but it's not invasive in our life, or their life, and they can comment and it comes to my email. Just my two cents.

Glad you are enjoying her! And everyone made me dread the sleepless nights but once I had him, it was a JOY to get up with him, I miss him and I love those quiet moments, just the two of us. I think going through what we've been through, changes so much about the whole "having a baby" experience. I relish in every moment!!

bibc said...

just amazing how things work out the way they are supposed to. thank you for sharing this journey and showing that while the road is never easy, it is so worth it.

LOVE the cupcakes. we want more! more cute baby clothes pics!!!

Suzy said...

there is something so divine about a sleeping baby! Wonderful. Everything happens for a reason, and look at the result at the end of your journey! Definitely worth it :)

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

Wow, congrats!!! So sweet...I'm so happy for you guys!! :)