Well, who am I to complain when I specifically ask for prayers about getting an induction set for EM and then we get one, only it's another week away? Our prayer was answered--we have a date--the light is now shining officially from the end of this leg of the tunnel. We of course have a long way to go before Tulip is ours, but she can't stay in there forever and now we know it won't be much past March 9th. I just have to remember that God always answers prayer, it just isn't always the answer we are looking for.
I am better now than I was this morning. It's starting to settle down in my head and I think by tonight I will have come to grips with the six more days we have to wait. We've already waited 31w2d with the agency, and about 3 years before that since we started trying to have a family. What is six more days? (Torture...in all honesty!)
The house is mostly ready, just have to steam the carpets in the main areas. I need to clean our shower because a few more weeks and it will be beyond gross, so might as well do it now before Tulip comes. The freezer is stocked, the clothes and blankets are washed, the bottles are sterilized, the diaper bag is packed. Most of my job is wrapped up and will be pretty easy to complete on Monday since we know the induction is Tuesday. EM and ED have asked us to come to the hospital for the induction. We are honored and excited and nervous but we couldn't be happier to move our waiting to the official "waiting room" at the hospital.
I think I plan to have a few adult beverages this weekend. And go to the gym for the last time with BigTex (who knows when we'll be able to go together again). And maybe go eat wings at our favorite BBQ joint.
Because Baby Tulip...you're coming out of there whether you like it or not on Tuesday!
3 comments:
You sound like you have everything ready for little Tulip! Whoot! Try to keep busy and hang in there!
The adult beverage plan is a good one. Go to a few of your favorite couple places and see some movies, even if on your own to pass the time. It's like a babymoon in advance. We went out for a few nice nights in the wait, and I still think about how cool some of our conversations were.
It definitely sounds like things are ready for little Tulip! Congratulations! You've made it so far!!
Post a Comment