We built this lovely raised garden bed from scratch--had to dig out 6 inches of horrible, dry, clay-like earth, construct the box itself out of 2x12's, put in 16 cubic feet of garden soil, erect our 'bunnies-keep-out' fence, plant onions, broccoli, oregano, lettuce, chives, & tomatoes (I know it's early!), and then just admire our handy-work! DH did the digging, I did the building and planting. It was so much fun to do this together. I can't wait to see how our little garden grows. Send us warm thoughts so our little plants don't die before they even get started!
Monday, April 27
I've got a green thumb!
Here was this weekend's big project:

We built this lovely raised garden bed from scratch--had to dig out 6 inches of horrible, dry, clay-like earth, construct the box itself out of 2x12's, put in 16 cubic feet of garden soil, erect our 'bunnies-keep-out' fence, plant onions, broccoli, oregano, lettuce, chives, & tomatoes (I know it's early!), and then just admire our handy-work! DH did the digging, I did the building and planting. It was so much fun to do this together. I can't wait to see how our little garden grows. Send us warm thoughts so our little plants don't die before they even get started!
We built this lovely raised garden bed from scratch--had to dig out 6 inches of horrible, dry, clay-like earth, construct the box itself out of 2x12's, put in 16 cubic feet of garden soil, erect our 'bunnies-keep-out' fence, plant onions, broccoli, oregano, lettuce, chives, & tomatoes (I know it's early!), and then just admire our handy-work! DH did the digging, I did the building and planting. It was so much fun to do this together. I can't wait to see how our little garden grows. Send us warm thoughts so our little plants don't die before they even get started!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm totally jealous. I've always wanted to be a gardener. . .but I hate to get dirty. (I know, it's kind of a pre-requisite!) So, I am going to content myself with some simple non-gardening improvements to my yard this summer.
Let us know how all your veggies/herbs turn out!
Hugs,
Jo
That's awesome. I am in awe.
Post a Comment