Oh how this week brings a smile to my face every month. I love how I now have an excuse to spend hours discovering and reading about the lives of my fellow bloggers. You guys rock! If anyone is curious about us, our lengthy IF and now DIA history is on the sidebar to the right.
Just a brief DIA (domestic infant adoption) update today--our "Baby Care" class was canceled yesterday because DH and I were the only ones signed up. Apparently there are NO other real preggos who feel they should take a how to diaper, feed, burp, bathe a baby class prior to the arrival of their little one. The State of Ohio has mandated WE take it, even though we don't have a due date or even a possible baby yet. Not to mention, I nannied for like 7 years and feel pretty good about being able to accomplish these tasks without a two-hour "how to." So we are signed up for the class in May--hopefully some fertile preggos will sign up also. In the meantime, I'm going to hunt down any other like-classes at other area hospitals and see if we can get it in before the middle of May. UUUhhhhh...I'm better now but yesterday, I was pissed.
Have a good day all and I'll be dropping by soon!
15 comments:
I've got to not think about the state requiring YOU to take that fucking class. It's so outrageous, I could scream!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, moving on...hopefully things will work out for the May class. And hopefully the pregnant women in there will be filled with acne, thick-swollen ankles, and nausea. Oh dear, I thought I moved on. Guess not.
Thinking of you.
I second the notion about ICLW. This is my first time participating and I'm really enjoying the new blogs.
I swear it's outrageous the hoops the govt makes people who are more than qualified go through to be a parent when there's drunken pre-teens getting knocked up every weekend.
Good luck getting into a class before mid-May.
-ICLW
Thank you for your comment. Happy ICLW!! I wish we could sit down and chat for hours. I have been debating doing one more cycle as we turn in the paperwork for adoption. I am not ready to stop treatments...it has been my colitis. I also questioned my strength if I was to have another miscarriage. Anyway, I can't wait to follow your journey!!! ((HUGS))
sorry the class isnt working out for you! seems like you could at least wait untill closer to a placement to take that class - or really not at all - but the things we will do- I think I would have taken and performed a dance routine during the class to get me closer to a baby- oh those were the days!
Good luck finding a class. It sometimes amazes me the hoops you have to jump through for adoption. I was just shaking my head as I read the list from your previous post.
~ICLW
Happy ICLW!
Best of luck to you in your journey :o)
I love ICLW too, I don't want to be un-origional but outrageous IS the only word to describe them making you take a class like that and not a birth parent.
Happy Earth Day!
I did international adoption. The paperwork is endless and I can appreciate the frustration of a cancelled class that is bogus anyway. I got a piece of advice when i was steaming about one of the requirements for our homestudy. A friend said it is just one more hoop to jump through to get you where you want to be. I got past the BS knowing in the end we would have our family.
Erica
ICLW
Happy ICLW!
I found you through you commenting on my blog. My internet is down at home so I can only post at work :(
not good for this comment week!
I am glad to have found your blog and will keep updated on your progress -seems like we are not far behind you!
good luck!
PS -just sing to yourself "anything you can do I can do better!" at those classes!
What a waste of time and money, I think, to make you take that class. Hopefully you find something better and sooner!
Happy ICLW
I can completely relate to dumb classes, we're in process of fostering w/ the intent to adopt through our state. This Saturday will be our 4th class which we are mandated to take for 8 hours every Saturday for 5 weeks. Not to mention the endless inspections, paperwork, and home studies. I feel like I want to scream, I'm so glad it's almost over.
Visiting from ICLW and wanted to wish you the best of luck on your journey. I hope that everything works out for the class in May.
Just wanted to say hi and share commiserations about taking dopey classes that no one else has to. We are waiting to adopt in Canada and part of our education was to do online courses. We also get invited to "how to parent" clases from our agency which are pointless if you don't actually have a kid.
Post a Comment