Friday, May 1

Today's the day

I don't know if the butterflies I have in my stomach are because I'm a bit nervous and excited about today or because I had too much to drink last night when DH and I were out with our good friends. Probably a little of both.

Today and tomorrow we are attending our adoption group for our agency. On the schedule for today: learn more about the process, meet our social worker, meet and hear the story of a birthmother who placed with our agency, and ask lots and lots of questions. Tomorrow we will have sessions on cultural issues and developmental issues in adoption.

We are about 80% complete with the home study paper trail and about 65% complete on our birthparent profile/scrapbook. We have to schedule with our social worker for our home visits and then once everything is in and approved, and we pay our activation fee (the first big money), we go 'live' as a waiting family.

Today it will finally be real. We are going to be adoptive parents and we are going to grow our family. I can't wait until that day. This day is the start of our new chapter.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we move forward...we can use all the good karma we can get!

8 comments:

Sprogblogger said...

Oh congratulations! Can't wait to meet your little one, and follow you on your journey to take those last few steps.

Jo said...

I think of you often. I am excited to watch your journey unfold. . .you are in my prayers today.

Hugs,
Jo

The Mom said...

I hope you guys are having a good day and learning a lot of good stuff!

tireegal68 said...

congratulations - it's getting more and more real! great work on all that preparation and paperwork and good luck at the seminars! Very exciting!

A said...

congrats, it's exciting! Thinking of you and sending prayers :-)

bunny said...

I am so happy things are moving along so quickly. Thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Erica said...

Nicole, this is such wonderful news! I hope the group meeting went well. Please keep us posted.

What an exciting time for you and DH! I'm so happy for you. :)

Jen's Farmily said...

Congratulations!! How exciting to be adding another family member!