- filled out the state required personal financial statement
- received my character reference from work and DH will have his in the next couple of days
- corrected the error on DH's driving record that we discovered two weeks ago when we went to the BMV to get them--they had posted a speeding ticket for a driver from Michigan to his record...what a mess!
- got a new and error-free copy of DH's driving record
- pulled all the proof of residency paperwork we need to show five years of living in Ohio (tax records, lease agreements, etc)
- filled out health insurance information for future baby's hospital bills
- filled out the agency's medical release form
- confirmed "Baby Care" class for this week
- signed several state forms, but there are still more
- filled out all our emergency contact information and numbers so we can always be contacted by someone at all times once our profile is "live"
- started reading required book--still not all that interesting, hoping it will get better soon
- pulled this year's tax return
- pulled proof of auto insurance (have to show the SW at our visit)
Phew. Another busy week. We also made good progress on our profile worksheets today--I'd say we're about half way there. I'm going to start on our Dear Birthparent(s) letter this week, just to get some ideas on paper. Next weekend we'll sit together to get our rough draft completely done. We also need to get more photos...we might be driving around town next Saturday!
3 comments:
Wow! Good work. This kind of paperwork stuff always stresses me out so much. It's hard to take it one thing at a time when there are 1000 different things. I'm impressed!
hooray for you! you've made so much progress in such a short time. does it feel good to check these things off your list and know that you are getting closer to baby?
Good idea to start on the Dear Birthparent letter. I procrastinated doing that and felt pressed for time by the time I got around to it. I ended up having some friends who I felt were good writers/kind people edit some early versions of the letter and that helped a lot.
Good luck!
Post a Comment