Boy, even though time is not flying, the days sure are running together. It always feels that way when I have to work with my boss and I am out of town. I'm so glad the week is half over, well nearly half over anyway. Friday is my laproscopy and hysteroscopy--I am a bit nervous. Mo just had hers last week and I took some comfort in reading the comments people left for her regarding the procedures and recovery. But I'm still a tad anxious. Something about being intebated and cut open--I have experience with neither. When I was 18 I had an emergency tonsillectomy, and my CRNA friend (anesthesia RN) says he is certain I was intebated during that surgery even though the surgery was in my mouth. I, of course, don't recall. I was just really sick and felt like a$$ and my throat hurt already, so I'll take his word. This time, though, there is nothing wrong with my mouth. It feels just fine. And so the thought of being intebated is a bit, well, just making me nervous.***
I will be off Friday, the weekend and then also Monday and Tuesday. I have to travel on Wednesday/Thursday so I best be feeling at least 75% by then. It totally sucks that we are doing this on Easter weekend. I will miss church on Good Friday and Easter morning, both are favorite services of mine out of the whole year. But Dr. L only had this Friday or it would be the end of May before we could get it scheduled, so here we are. It feels like the final pages of my infertility chapter (or should I say Book) are coming to a close. Once the surgery is finished, it will be over. No more. Buh-bye. And while my biological-child-chances are not totally lost forever, they are on their own. Never to be assisted again. What a ride this has been.
***For comic relief, and for those wanting to know the other part of my impending surgery that is making me anxious (TMI coming, turn back now!), I will admit here that the pre-operative "bowel cleanse" is also making a tad nervous. I know that you greatly reduce post-op complication potential by "prepping the bowel", and my clinic is letting me use a tablet prep instead of straight magnesium citrate (yuck!)--I get it and will make the best of it. But I can't eat ANY solid food starting after midnight tonight, and once I start the regimen around 1PM tomorrow (thankfully I will be home for this) I can't eat ANYTHING. Then after midnight on Thursday, no food or DRINK (even water!) until after the surgery which is scheduled for 1:15PM on Friday. DH thinks that this is the funniest thing and wants me to do a pre-and post- "prep" weigh in. Of course, I will. This may actually be the best part!
1 comment:
I'm hoping that everything goes really easily with your lap/hyst. and that you are back up & running soon after. Fingers crossed for you!
Post a Comment