Saturday, December 27

Merry Christmas, a little late

The holidays just crashed in on me this year. The lost week between Thanksgiving and Christmas just meant more work and less time to do it. I was able to get all the shopping done, gifts shipped, cards out, and dinner planned and shopped for. Everything got wrapped, too. It was a photo-finish. But that meant no time to blog or follow blogs so now I'm getting caught up.

We had a nice, quiet Christmas Eve--DH and I started a new tradition by making fondue for dinner! We had a great time cooking together, had a glass of red wine and really enjoyed the day. Church was very nice, as usual, and when we got home we had chocolate pound cake with a fudge sauce and fresh berries. Yum!

Christmas Day, my folks came over around 9:30AM and after talking to my sister who is stationed in the Middle East right now, we had some breakfast, mimosas, and spent the next several hours leisurely opening the gifts that we all swore we weren't going to buy for each other. Santa was very generous this year, and we all agreed that we are so very blessed. After we had some snacks it was time to fry the turkey. Yes, we fry our turkey and it is really the only kind of turkey I will eat. I have even eaten leftovers the past two days, which I never do! Thanks to my Mom who did the potatoes and dressing, there wasn't much else to cook. After a brief reprieve from the table, we then shoveled in pecan pie and pumpkin pie and chocolate pound cake. I was SO full I could hardly sit up. We all were, so I guess I was in good company. After a long but very happy day, we went to bed tired and fulfilled. Christmas was truly a joy this year.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day with family and friends as well. I just can't say enough how BLESSED we have been and are right now. I pray that God's blessings will continue in 2009!

1 comment:

bunny said...

and merry christmas to you too! the chicken bouilliabase was fantastic-- this is a new cookbook for me too and i can't wait to try a few more recipes.