Waiting is obviously the most difficult part of anything. I can't think of a time in my life that truly being patient didn't come as a struggle. I suppose that is why patience is considered a great virtue, and it is apparently one that I don't have much of. Well, I probably do--but it is so hard to just be patient. And wait. And wait. And wait.
I am going back and forth right now on having a positive outlook and already conceding defeat. I don't know that it is even possible for me to get pregnant, since I have never been. But I also don't know that it is impossible for me to get pregnant, since nothing medically points to this. And now I have 9 more days to just wait. For all the science involved in IVF, for all the tests that can predict this and indicate that, for all the intricate little details that come into play around natural conception and the fact that the stars must practically align for a baby to be made, there is no getting around the waiting. And it is right at this point that the only option is to let it go. Over and over and over.
Does anyone have any advice on getting through the next week and a half in one piece?
5 comments:
Distraction works the best for me. Work, or projects, or movies... anything but "waiting."
Good luck getting through the wait!
I used this site before to listen to the relaxation files.
http://members.kaiserpermanente.org/redirects/listen/
It's hard.
I'm a big fan of page-turner books. Daniel Silva's work well for me; at least one of the earlier ones (cannot remember which one) has infertility in it, though -- without wanting to give anything away -- not in an unpleasant way (IMO). Sue Grafton and Janet Evanovich also work for me and are relatively infertility-proof. I'd steer clear of anything by either Kellerman (Faye or Jonathan), both have really twisted plot lines involving donor gametes, etc., etc.
Other than that, dark chocolate's all I've got.
Oops -- forgot to say when posting above, I came over from LFCA.
If you find out the answer will you share? It's impossible not to think about it but I guess keeping busy helps.
I'm a few days ahead of you. I am mostly feel "up" but have my down momemnts too. I guess I am really trying to resist feeling bad about it this time around and telling myself I can feel bad when I know for SURE next week!
I wish you peace of mind and lots of luck! LFCA too!
Post a Comment