My check this morning revealed a strong group of follicles, at least 8. Several were still on the small/medium side so they won't probably be mature enough to fertilize, but there were at least the 2 lead follies and 2-3 medium/large. We'll see if there is anything there but RE feels like the two big ones are the lucky ones.
I asked him directly today about going forward and not cancelling--maybe a different protocol would yield a better result. He flat out said he really really didn't think so. While he also admitted he can't predict the future, he said that my response was by far good enough to move forward given all our circumstances. (See the left side of this blog for a run down if you've forgotten.) I called in this afternoon to make sure, make sure based on today's bloodwork and it's a go. Everything looks great.
We will know tomorrow how many eggs we got and then on Friday how many fertilized. We will do a 5 day transfer on Tuesday. Prayers all around, please.
I'll try to give a good summary of the events of tomorrow this weekend, although I'm not sure how I'll feel either physically or emotionally. I don't think I've ever ridden a roller coaster with this many twists and turns in my entire life. Right now, I'm just bracing myself for the next one.
No comments:
Post a Comment