So as to not confuse anyone who thinks this blog is all-cheery, all-the-time--I will now return to the mood of many previous posts.
Today is a hard day.
The tears are just right there. I am feeling very overwhelmed about many things--going back to work, our adoption's openness, being a good mom, planning for busy weekends, keeping a somewhat liveable home, sadness for a good friend going through a very hard and unfair time.
I'm tired. But not because I am not getting enough sleep. It's this crap on my heart and in my head that I can't seem to get out from under.
I just want to focus on my daughter. On my husband. On the things that bring me joy inside the four walls of my home. And yet the world crashes in time and time again.
I feel isolated, and yet it's not like there isn't anything to do, or places to go. I am having a lot of doubts right now, and that is making it hard to let go.
Prayers for peace, please.
10 comments:
I know how you feel. My husband and I just adopted a baby boy almost two months ago. I have had a lot of those days where I feel like I'm drowning and tears spill down my cheeks. Our open adoption is wonderful, but it causes extra stress and drama and it's hard to watch his birthmother grieve when we are so happy.
Know that I am praying for you and if ever need anyone to chat with, I'm here, even though you don't know me. :)
I almost meant to mention that I, too, am about to make my way back to work next week and I'm already feeling overwhelmed. I feel overwhelmed just being home with him all day, trying to stay on top of laundry and cleaning, and trying to make the best decisions for him and I think going back and leaving him is going to kill me.
Big hug - I just found your blog and wanted to give you a big virtual hug after reading your post. Take care of yourself...
Oh dear, you have so much on your plate - of course you're teary and overwhelmed. I'm so sorry. It sounds like stimulation overload. Is there any way to simplify any of this to give you all some more down time.
I'm so sorry. Sending prayers for peace in your heart.
I feel ya girl and the openness can be scary but I promise it will go away...Its all so new and so overwhleming I understand for sure...will be thinking ofyou and liftin you up in prayer...
Sending prayers for peace your way. I certainly know the feeling of wanting to concentrate on your home and family and having the real world crash your fantasy.
Thinking of you all xxx
Sending prayers!
Huh...funny (only not) that my husband and I stayed up half the night Saturday crying over birthmother stuff.
Know you are loved...you're doing OK...and that's all you can do right now.
Sending you prayers: It's tough, all of it. Being a mom is no easy task, and adding in all of the stresses with an open adoption makes it that much harder. Hang in there *hugs*
i can totally relate..i just had a baby last month, and i went through the same thing..i was almost ready to pack up and go on vacation! newborns are a lot of work, and they can stress you out pretty bad. this little one was my 7th and i can safely say that whether its your first or twentieth, it will still take everything out of you at first.
good luck!
Post a Comment