Wednesday, March 4

Honesty is the best policy...

My sincerest thanks to bugaboo envy, MoJo Working, emilythehopeless, & In Vitro Veritas for sending me the Honest Scrap award. I guess ICLW did a lot for getting these awards passed around quickly, but I had no idea that I would receive it once, let alone four times. And this blog home for me really is about honesty...for myself at the very least if not for the rest of the world. My apologies for the delay in fulling the award requirements--now that I am laying bored on the sofa, I have plenty of time. Thanks again from four fabulous bloggers.


The Rules: 1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. 2) Show the 7 winners names and links on your blog, and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Scrap.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. 3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself.


My award winners are some of my favorites in addition to the four who nominated me, so if you've already received this, cheers to you!


As for me:

  1. I am an old soul: I am only 29 but feel like I've been at least 30 for the past five years.
  2. I live in a no maintenance, semi-retirement community: We thought we'd be out by now but we have lost too much value in our home to move for at least another 18-24 months.
  3. I want to move back to Texas: DH is from Houston and that's where we met...and it's warm!
  4. I want to stay at home: I always thought I'd be a career-focused woman but now I'd be perfectly content just staying at home (with my babies, of course).
  5. I'm the breadwinner: Main reason I can't just stay at home.
  6. We already have enough saved for our adoption: It's just sitting there waiting for us to make a freakin' decision.
  7. We have five cats--his, mine and ours: It's a zoo over here!
  8. I love Gossip.Girl and One.Tree.Hill: There is no explanation for this. I know.
  9. I have never really had an abundance of self-esteem: I am my biggest critic and sometimes that holds me back.
  10. My biggest pet peeve is when someone is unaware of what's going on around them while walking, driving, talking, or whenever: Pay attention, people!

Off my soapbox for today. And this is for all of my fellow IF internets out there:



5 comments:

Megan said...

I'm the main breadwinner too. No staying home for me!!! Sometimes I resent it.

Rebekah said...

Thanks for the shout out!! :) And ditto on #1 and #2!!

bunny said...

I hate obliviousness, too!

Please know that I am cheering on your three embabies!

Erica said...

I'm so glad that the transfer took place and you are nesting 3 lil' ones. Thinking of you and wishing you the best of luck with this one!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks, Nicole!