We've been very busy over here, and I can't believe that it's nearing the end of July! I am very excited to FINALLY be moving forward with my new job (although training is never that much fun) and I am even more excited to participate in ICLW after a long hiatus. More on that in another post.
Tulip is doing so well--she's still a peanut but we've finally started to notice she's getting 'squishy' on her arms and legs, and her thigh rolls are getting some rolls. At her 4 month visit, she was 12lbs 4oz (just under the 25th percentile) and 24.4" long (60-75th percentile). BigTex was happy to learn that her head circumferance was right on track, even though he swears she's smarter than just the 50th percentile...he would! Her newest feats include sitting up (with some help)--because you just can't see the world when lying down, and standing up while holding thumbs--because what's better than sitting up? Standing, of course! She's added back a 5th bottle and she's now eating about 33oz of formula per day which is a huge amount for her. We are slowly dabbling with solid food (banana and rice cereal) but of course she's not really 'eating' it yet. Mostly playing with the spoon, checking out the texture, and spitting it out. She's still got a few weeks before she'll probably be ready to try 'eating' as a part of a meal.
Being outside, riding in her stroller, helping me water the garden (while in her front carrier) are some of her favorite things. She also loves swimming...she's been in the water for nearly 40 minutes a few times already. Good thing it is so hot outside! We've got a fun Saturday morning tradition started--her and I walk (usually about a 5K) while BigTex runs for about an hour, we get cleaned up and head the to farmer's market on our town square where Tulip gets to enjoy a bottle in the park while we listen to the music and the watch all the people, then we maybe stop for breakfast or run other errands before heading home for a nice nap (well, Tulip anyway!). It has been so much fun--we used to do it, just the two of us, but with her here, let's just say it has become my favorite time of the week!
We only have one more post-placement visit (in August) and Tulip's finalization is scheduled for September 16th. What a day that is going to be!
I promise I have more to write, but I'm supposed to be doing some training right now. I'll be back later!!!
5 comments:
What a great update - sounds like Tulip is doing famously! Love the Saturday morning routine - very nice!
So what is the finalization? Do the birth parents have the right to take her back until then? Just curious - I'm sure you talked about it before you got Tulip, but can't remember all the details.
That sounds like a lovely summer. xoxox
Your daughter looks to be a doll! Your story is very encouraging for me - one who is still waiting.
ICLW#166
here from ICLW. Your Saturday morning routine sounds really nice. i love how Tulip has taken the things you already enjoy about life and enhanced them.
Sounds like you're having a busy summer - which is never a bad thing for sure!!
ICLW
#41 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment