Our profile is finished and has been sent to the agency. We are signing our contract today with the notary in preparation to send it and our first round of fees to the agency also. We just have to have our review with the adoptive family SW to make sure our 'match' criteria are set and that we understand each one. Since our agency does blind-matching, this criteria is the most important piece of the puzzle (outside of the profile). We won't know we've even been considered or looked at--we will only get a call once we have been matched with a birth family. So we will hopefully have this call in the next week and then be active to be matched by the beginning of August. Phew. Talk about taking a load off.
------
I heard a great definition yesterday--really it just is a good description of what I already know and believe, but I love how someone put it together in simple words. It has to do with having and knowing true peace. Peace of heart, peace of mind, peace of spirit--true, deep-to-the-core peace despite all that the world throws at us. While this isn't new, and it isn't a direct quote, I was just struck by the idea that "Peace is the calm in the midst of chaos." As life swirls around us, you know you have honest-to-goodness peace when despite all that swirling, you feel it in the pit of your belly that you are okay, you are moving forward. Some (including myself) might also call this the result of faith and the work of the Holy Spirit.
------
Just a teaser because I don't really feel okay writing about it yet--we are in the beginning stages of communicating with a young couple considering placing their child for adoption. It is a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend situation, and we are still VERY FAR from knowing or having any sort of actual match. But please pray for God's will in this--that He will guide us, guide the couple and their families, that He will touch each of us and work this out how He intended. Please pray for the birth mother and birth father--that He will give them strength and courage. And please pray for DH and I--that we will have and know true peace each day as we wade through the chaos of this journey. We are so grateful for your prayers.
2 comments:
WOW! I can't believe how quickly you got things moving. I'm so happy that this initial prep phase is almost over. Everything is crossed for you and your DH and you are in my prayers!
I was really touched by your definition of peace -- it seemed to fitting to me. I agree that the calm in the midst of chaos is what we all seek -- at least, it's what I am seeking these days! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Jo
Post a Comment