Monday, December 20

ICLW and I'm back!

Did ya miss me??? Ha, hardly! Well I missed you! So I am using ICLW to jumpstart my attempt at reading more of YOU and to 'force' myself back into writing in this space. It has meant so much to me in the past several years and I've really missed it. Don't get me wrong, it has been, and will be, tough to get on here every day since I don't have HOURS and HOURS to spend with you like before, but I can start small and hopefully I'll just figure out how to be more efficient (like, say actually use my reader--no joke, I've never used it--not once!).

Rundown on the right sidebar but in honor of the season--some facts, Holiday-style!

M anaging to keep my head on straight, despite the drama that is my job.
E ver more excited to celebrate this holiday and the New Year with our Tulip!
R eady to start the process to adopt again--oh my!
R egistered with our agency to hopefully go active on the waiting list by March.
Y ear-end work schedule is awesome--3 days this week, 3 days next, and only 4 days the next!

C an't believe that this time last year I was in the depths of despair; practically ready to give up on the holiday altogether.
H ope--the only thing that sustained me once I started the new year.
R eally wishing there was a Christmas elf who would wrap all those gifts for Tulip & BigTex (ugh!)
I am the very luckiest, most blessed woman I have ever been!
S tupid work keeps trying to muck up my happiness.
T hankful that I have a job these days, even if it makes my toes curl in fury sometimes!
M ajorly excited to be expecting more snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas
A nd excited to have yummy fried turkey!
S o happy to be back here, with YOU my favorite internets!

10 comments:

In Due Time said...

So glad to have you back! Happy ICLW!

jenicini said...

Yes, I totally missed you! Look at your baby girl--she's so cute! Can't believe you're gearing up for number two. I love it! Have you seen my new addition?

Alex said...

Wow - another adoption. This is so exciting!

Jessica White said...

Great post! So excited for you guys to adopt again!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and happy! Exciting news to be adopting again. Merry Christmas.

Sarah said...

Welcome back!


Your little girl is such a cutie pies!!

Good Luck with your next adoption!

Happy Holidays and Happy ICLW
#50

RELH said...

It's good to hear from you!

Happy ICLW #95

Rochelle said...

Your daughter is so adorable! It's my first ICLW and I am just loving all the new blogs I'm finding. I'm excited to go read your adoption journey now since we're hoping it's not that far in our future as well. Hope you had an amazing Christmas! Lots of love from ICLW #110!

Kathleen said...

welcome back! i'm stopping by from iclw (#100) and wishing you a happy holiday. best of luck with adoption #2!

Kristin said...

What a great ICLW post. Good luck with your second adoption journey.

ICLW #29