Sunday, June 21

I love summer & ICLW!

What a wonderful way to kick start summer--another ICLW is here! Hi to all those who are new and thanks for hanging in there with me to all those who are back. You gals ROCK!!!

(For a rundown on our IF/adoption history--see the LOOONNGGG column to the right.) We are currently waiting to receive our approval for our home study to adopt a newborn domestically. Yep, that's right! We're approved! It all went swimmingly and we did what everyone said we'd do--clean like fanatics and then laugh when it was over with because our SW just wanted to see the smoke detectors. At least my house is/was shiny ("was" because it's now been a week and we have returned to 'sty' mode--as in 'pig sty'). Our visits were relatively painless, just a bit longer than we'd have liked. We sent in our profile to the design folks and we are hoping to have a proof ready when we get back from our romp at the beach in a few weeks. Tomorrow we send in our document on our 'preferences' for a match (this is worth an entirely separate post) and we'll hopefully have our review call with the agency on this before vay-cay.

As it all comes together, this time next month (or should I say by the time ICLW rolls around again) we will be activated, profiled, approved, and just waiting.

I know I've said it before but I can't wait to just be waiting. I feel such peace about it and how wonderful it is going to be to have no more responsibility--no more working harder than most to start our family. We are going to enjoy our summer with reckless abandon! Actually, we're just going to spend a lot of time together, with good friends, with close family, do things we want to when we want to. We'll make a list of all the stuff we want/need when baby does come but mostly we won't be buying. We might move some furniture, if we feel the urge.

And now for a HUGE celebration...Heart Cries has her baby boy! I know this news may not be new to some, but for me (an infertile who has put her faith in God to bring us our family through domestic adoption) I have been following her story for months and I have such joy in my heart for their wonderful new addition. If you need inspiration on the adoption path, just read Rebekah's story.

TTFN: Ta-ta for now!

15 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

So happy things are moving forward for you. ;-) Happy ICLW.

sprogblogger said...

Woohoo! I'm sure it doesn't feel so quick to you, but from the outside, anyway, it seems like this has happened so quickly! I can't wait for you to be waiting, too. I am following your story with a huge amount of interest, and I hope your last summer as pre-parents is wonderful and spontaneous fun.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your approval. When we made the decision to adopt, we did feel free in a sense. Good luck to you and have fun planning.
Happy ICLW

Jennifer said...

Congrats on your approval!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful and amazing summer ahead of you. Hope you enjoy every minute of it! (ICLW)

Sabrina said...

Yay for a super easy home study! Very exciting, things seem to be moving along nicely!

Sabrina ICLW

Anonymous said...

Hi! thank you so much for leaving a comment to my blog, here's my return hug to you. So happy you have been approved! We are much behind you and the system here is quite different from the States, so not sure o long it'll take. Wishing your wait will be short. Love, Fran

*ICLW*

Just Believing said...

Your story seems very similar to ours! We are just hoping to start waiting to wait :)

wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com

ICLW

Erica said...

Congratulations on the approval from the home study! Fantastic news. :) I can't believe all they cared about was the flipping smoke detectors. What the shit?!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wow, it looks like things are really moving ahead for you! Isn't this whole road about the 'hurry-up-and-wait'?

~ ICLW

Kristin said...

I am so glad things are continuing to move forward. Wishing you the very best of luck and hoping to read about your approval and the arrival of your baby soon.

~ICLW

Michelle said...

So glad things are heading in the right direction...hope the waiting part goes fast!

Happy ICLW!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on your approval. I hope everything else turns out just as great! :)
~Michelle (ICLW)

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Congrats on the approval! Enjoying your summer sounds like a wise plan.

Happy ICLW!

Wendy said...

Hi there! I'm here from ICLW, too. I wanted to say congratulations - having the home study done is a HUGE step! We've been waiting for just over 6 months, too -- domestic adoption. Hopefully things will happen for both of us very quickly!

I'm really happy for Heart Cries (Rebekah), too. I love reading her blog. We are actually with the same agency - pretty small world.

Two Shorten the Road said...

Good luck on your adoption journey. I hope you find your baby sooner rather than later.

ICLW